Serving: 1 NFT; Time: 6 hours; Difficulty: Medium
- Shape Layers (Vector Lines in After Effects) with Trim Paths and expressions like “wiggle(x,y)” can be used to add randomness to your shapes. (More info here.) Apply this technique to a circle to produce random mouths and whiskers, and get more variation.
- Add Fractal Noise as an Alpha Matte in order to get the water color texture.
- Apply “Roughen Edges”, with randomized evolution to make each cat shape change with each frame of the timeline.
- Create an infinite amount of cats
- Use an animated 3D cat walking loop in Cinema 4D to get the cycle and angle the way you want.
- Render out the walk and bring it into After Effects. Then convert it to an animated black and white matte.
- Using this matte, launch Trapcode Particular to create particles based on the area of the cat in each frame.
- Use Particular to apply each randomized cat head you made earlier as a particle, changing as the cat moves with each frame.
- Fine-tune the frenetic animation that randomizes and lives within the boundaries of the cat.
Best served on a 4K digital display.